10.27.2008

Carrie

I read the book, Carrie, by Stephen King a while ago, and I'd never really had any interest in seeing the movie. But I just decided to see it yesterday. As a movie on it's own, Carrie was pretty good and creepy. Though, I would have to say that the book was better, but that's usually the case for Stephen King's novels since his stories have a certain something you can't quite capture on film. The movie wasn't too radically different from the book as far as I could tell. My only problem was that in the book, Carrie is supposed to be kind of chubby and much less likeable than Sissy Spacek portrayed her to be in the film. But I still thought that Sissy Spacek had a terrific performance as Carrie White. Overall, the movie was an enjoyable horror flick and I'd recommend it to most people who'd like to see something creepy, but not action-packed.

To learn more about Carrie click here
To rent this movie click here or here

No comments: