11.07.2008

Ed Wood

I saw this movie for the first time a few months ago. At first I thought it was pretty good, but not that great. Then a couple months later I saw Plan 9 From Outer Space which definitely made me appreciate Ed Wood more. So a few blocks from where I live, we have this neat little movie theater that shows some really good movies from all decades. Sometimes, they even have guest appearances. So when I found out that they were playing Ed Wood on Wednesday night and Martin Landau and the writers of the film were going to be there, I was very excited. The movie was great on the big screen and I certainly enjoyed it more a second time. It was funny, and sweet and overall pretty entertaining. It's not your average Hollywood movie, though. All the actors give outstanding performances. Martin Landau IS Bela Lugosi. (By the way, I met him at the theater on Wednesday and he was a very nice guy.) Johnny Depp was also really great. If you compare his role as Ed Wood to any of his other roles, you'll probably see two very different characters. But this movie is really not for everyone. It's a bit odd and is sort of like an aquired taste. I had to see it twice to fully appreciate it.

To learn more about Ed Wood click here
To rent this movie click here or here

No comments: