11.12.2008

American Beauty

I'd heard some good things about this movie and I've always thought Kevin Spacey was a good actor, so I decided to see American Beauty. In my opinion, this was an amazing film. It felt both real and dreamlike at the same time. Yes, it was pretty weird, but I usually enjoy movies that are sort of bizzare and offbeat. The story was really interesting and slightly disturbing. All the characters were very compelling and the cast all had fantastic performances. Overall, I thought this movie definitely deserved the title of Best Picture in 2000. The only thing that bothered me about the film was that the ending confused me for a second. But I rewinded it back a minute and then I understood. I'd recommend this film to anyone who likes black comedies or dramas with dysfunctional families.

To learn more about American Beauty click here
To rent this movie click here or here

No comments: