12.14.2008

The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951)

I did not see this movie just because the remake recently came out. I saw it because it's a classic sci-fi film that has been copied by many movies after it. Overall, I enjoyed it very much. Although some parts were a little cheesey, I was still very impressed by the special effects considering what year it was made. And you can definitely see how this movie has influenced so many other science fiction movies. Thought I thought it was great, I wouldn't recommend this film to everyone. It's more of a classic that might only be enjoyable for fans of the sci-fi genre. Also, I'd like to add that I do not plan on seeing the remake because it looks pretty bad.

To learn more about The Day the Earth Stood Still click here
To rent this movie click here or here

No comments: