4.12.2008

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

I did not like this movie. I wanted to watch it because Johnny Depp was in it and I really like to watch movies he's in. But basically, the only good thing about this movie (in my opinion) was Depp's performance. If someone asked me what this movie was about, I would tell them it is about two guys on drugs. That's it. I couldn't really detect any sort of plot. Here's a summary of the movie: two guys are on drugs in a car, then they're on drugs at a hotel, then they're on drugs at a bar, then they're on drugs in a bathroom, etc. It's very repetitive. The movie also made me a little nauseous. The camera angles are often crooked and there are some scenes that are very...swirly. But, the special effects were very cool. I wouldn't recommend this to most people, but if you really love weird movies about people doing drugs, this might just be your type of movie.

You will (probably) only like this movie if:
you don't mind movies that make no sense, you don't get queasy easily, you don't mind movies about drugs, and you really love weird movies 

To learn more about Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas click here
To rent this movie (you've been warned) click here or here

No comments: